Monday, April 21, 2014


It has been months since I've posted and as a result I am sure I have lost any followers I might have had until now. Discipline in regular postings is not my gift, I'm afraid. Having said that, I give you my activity of the past month. The actual assemblage took a bit over a week of morning to nighttime work. The fabric, all silks, gave me fits. It was the hardest set I've ever put together. I'm not complaining, just stating the truth. It kind of surprised me since the last 4 weren't that challenging, or perhaps memory is failing me…a distinct possibility!



The imagery was created from an iPad drawing and a photograph. The final image was finished in Photoshop and the wonderful folks at Spoonflower.com printed it on silk for me.


To the left is a closeup of the deacon's stole and below is the priest's stole.
You can see it in action on my husband below in the shot of him preaching on Easter morning.


Here he is modeling the chasuble. And finally, the lectern hanging.


That's it for now, folks. I will be posting from time to time, as the Spirit moves. For now I am returning to the studio and painting.

Peace,
Barbarb

No comments: